Turning your eBook into an audiobook can help you not only sell more eBooks but also grow your readership and fan base beyond the typical reader. Here are four reasons why you should turn your eBook into an audiobook:
1. The Audiobook industry is growing.
According to Audio Publishers Association
, the number of people listening to audiobooks continues to expand, and sales are up:
- Unit sales were up 16%
- Download units are up 29% and represent approximately 61% of the market
- Download revenue is up 24%, representing approximately 41% of the market
- Total number of titles published is up 28% (from 5,584 to 7,165)
Most industry experts predict the audiobook market will exceed a billion dollars by 2015.
2. Added exposure
People who love to read can only do so when they’re not driving, working, or otherwise engaged. People who listen to audiobooks can do so during their commute, while exercising, or even when working. Converting your eBook to an audiobook can maximize your audience.
3. Having an audiobook can increase your eBook sales
People who buy and listen to your audiobook may be more inclined to also purchase your eBook, whether for themselves or as a gift for someone else.
4. Reach people who don’t like to read
There are a number of people who love the idea of books but not reading. Audiobooks are ideal for these people. Whether they are auditory learners who want your next how-to masterpiece in audio form or choose to let their imaginations run wild with your next fiction bestseller, audiobooks allow you to reach an audience who wants what you write – as long as they don’t have to read it.