For the last couple of years EditionGuard has relied on Adobe Digital Rights Management to protect our customers eBooks. Though Adobe’s solution is ideal for some of our customers, that was not the case for all. After countless discussions with our current customers, as well as non-customers, we decided to create a Social DRM solution to provide another option and more flexibility. We are happy to announce support for Social DRM for all EditionGuard users! This is a major step for our company and we look forward to hearing about how it helps your businesses moving forward.
What Is EditionGuard Social DRM?EditionGuard Social DRM technology provides protection by embedding visible and/or invisible watermarks into the eBooks you sell. The visible watermark will display the personal information of the buyer, such as: name, email and phone number. You will have the option to embed this visible watermark at the beginning of your eBook, the end and/or randomly throughout the eBook.
5 Benefits of EditionGuard Social DRM
- Implementing EditionGuard Social DRM requires very little setup time.
- You will no longer have to pay a download fee every time your eBooks are purchased.
- Removing Adobe DRM protection means your eBooks will now be compatible with all devices (seriously, every device).
- Your buyers can read your eBooks with the software of their choice.
- Your buyers will be able to download and begin reading their eBook instantaneously.