The cost to write an eBook varies from indie author to indie author. Of course, the actual writing of the eBook costs nothing. If you already have a laptop and word processing software, you can simply sit down and begin writing. There are costs, however:
- The time you invest in writing the eBook is time you could be spending doing other things, whether it's work that earns you money or time with family.
- Making a commitment to writing an eBook may require you to consider other investments.
- Selling the eBook will likely require an investment of some kind.
While there is no real cost to write an eBook, if you really want to have an eBook that will sell, you will want to consider having a budget for publishing and marketing the eBook. The follow costs are considered wise investments:
- Editing and proofreading.
- Cover design and graphics.
- Social media and book tour marketing.
- Website development.
In addition, you will need to consider that you will either be paying exorbitant fees to someone like Amazon
or you will need to invest in an ecommerce solution that will allow you to sell your eBooks on your own website.
How much does it cost to write an eBook? Nothing, really...unless you want it to sell.