We had such a great response from our last blog, where we explored some of our favorite non-traditional eBook marketing ideas, that we decided to bring you more. Be sure to let us know how these work for you!
- Promote other authors. Your fellow indie authors are not your competition; they are your best resource. Help each other out:
- Promote each other’s eBooks
- Host a joint blog tour or giveaway
- Share marketing ideas
- Introduce each other’s characters in your eBooks if it’s possible
- Proofread/edit/beta read each other’s publications
- Collaborate on an eBook together
- Host a book club, chat, or online event together
- Offer special discounts and market to special groups like your high school or university alumni, people who belong to the same social group, people from your book club, etc.
- Leverage less obvious social media platforms, especially Pinterest, Instagram, and Tumblr. Visual candy can help all of your eBooks sell better, so leverage platforms that are image-dense.
- Host a contest where readers can cast the characters from your book with famous celebrities. Let them submit their cast lists, then hold a vote, and give the winner a gift card.
There are numerous ways you can market your eBook that will allow you to reach additional readers; sometimes you just need to get creative.